This process is pretty simple, and I spent time and effort researching to check out:
1. What driving license should I take?
2. The most economically (not cheapest but value for your money) approach to get my Singapore driving license
3. What to avoid by doing this
4. Changing of different private instructors (not all were good) until I settled for one great one.
And oh boy, unless you just want to throw money (more expensive) with the driving school, You should try the route I have taken.
For this website, I look forward to sharing my experience with you and I hope your journey will be much easier as compared to what I underwent. We aim to deliver the best match for you in attempting to find your private driving instructor and elearning support for your Basic Theory Test (BTT) and Final Theory Test (FTT).
Things to cover / learn in Basic Theory Test / Exam?
We highly suggest you acquire the Basic Theory of Driving – The Official Handbook from the school ( it comes as a package with the Final Theory Test handbook) when you book for your Basic Theory Test.
Introduction to driving (in Singapore), different classes of driving licenses
Singapore Road Signs and Signals (you literally have to memorise all these)
Singapore Traffic Rules and Regulations (again just pure memorisation)
Code of Conduct on the road
Parts and Control of A Car (Basic)
And other nitty gritty details which we will not cover here.
Once you clear your Basic Theory Test (you will get your results immediately with a print out), your Basic Theory Test “Pass Results” stays with you for life. When taking your Singapore driving license, you can hire a private driving instructor for your practical tests at the same time while studying for your basic theory test and final theory test. Check out the Traffic Police Singapore website for other details.
This means that, you are able to proceed to carry out the next 2 steps (together if you want)
1. Get a Provisional Driving License (PDL) – this enables you to learn practical lessons on the roads with a certified driving instructor. Without the PDL, you can’t book for your driving lessons
2. Book your Final Theory Test date. You definitely have to clear your Basic Theory Test Date before booking for your Final Theory Test Date.
We’ll help you clear your Basic Theory Test (BTT) with ease.
Taking Your Driving Lessons in Singapore for your Traffic Police Driving License Test
Generally speaking your driving lessons (from start to finish) involve both theoretical and practical lessons.
The sequence of your driving lessons are as (in order):
1. Basic Theory Lessons (theoretical)
You are able to really study from home at your own comfort or you can attend the lessons covered by the various driving schools. In fact, the Basic Theory Test revolves around the basic concepts of driving and learning the various road signs and traffic regulation. Pretty much rote learning (memorization) in my personal opinion.
2. Final Theory Lessons (theoretical)
Also known “Advance Theory Test”, you can too attend final theory driving lessons if you wish to and like the Basic Theory Tests, we think it is sufficient to study at your own pace.
3. Practical Driving Lessons (practical)
Unlike the theoretical nature above, you are required to either sign up for a driving school for your school driving lessons or engage a private driving instructor for your private driving lessons.